<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Sunday, November 13, 2011

WHILE I WAS AWAY..... 


……an unusual thing happened. Becky was watching the cats while I was at the wedding of John and Erin. She called a few days after George and I arrived and had some unsettling news about the cats.

She came down to feed and water but when she opened the door she was hit with heat like a blast furnace. She went to the thermostat to check the temperature and it was 102* and then she saw my three kitties flat on the living room floor and they were in pretty bad shape.

Limp and dehydrated, she opened the windows and doors quickly, then filled the water bowl which was empty. Of course they drank all there was, trying to cool down.

Becky filled up two bowls of water and then checked the thermostat. She took the cover off and the two batteries were corroded. She knew where I kept my battery supply so she put two new ones in and waited to see if it would flare up again. She went home but came back a couple of times to check and two days later it had cooled down enough that the thermostat came on at it’s normal *72.

When she called I could hardly believe what she was telling me. Why do crazy things like that happen when you’re gone? I’m so thankful she was here to take care of things or else I would be without my pets and a home.

Just thought I’d write this in case you might want to check your thermostats if you are planning to be away. In fact, I think it’s a good idea to check it anyway.

Thanks to Becky my little brood is alive and well.

Essentially Esther