<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

LEAF RAKING TIME..... 


We have a dark rainy day here. It wasn’t predicted so came as a surprise. We live 100-miles from the weather station and quite often the report doesn’t follow our weather conditions. Mandy is recuperating and having difficulty eating. She didn’t eat for 3-days and only gets excited over the “treats” thing. She feels entitled to have some special care right now.

I drove a friend to a doctor’s appointment yesterday and we managed a little shopping while there. She goes to a pain management clinic and is showing a little progress with the treatment. The shots are expensive and the drive is 85 miles from her home to the clinic…….(located in Springfield.) A driver for the patient is required.

Do any of you fall asleep while doing something? I always take crochet projects with me while waiting at doctor’s offices and I almost broke my neck 3 or 4 times. When I would sit up and attempt to stay awake, the few people in the whole clinic would be looking when my head dropped again. It must have been entertaining to them but not working for me.

I stuck the crochet down in my purse and thus ended my dropping off. My friend came shortly there-after and ended the ordeal of trying to stay awake. We stopped at a couple of stores for craft items but her deadening soon wore off so we didn’t really do much. She is feeling well today.

I’ve finished weeding the top of the garden and now will start on the bottom next week. I have 2 big garden areas and the flowers bloom their little heads off. Production isn’t what it is during the summer so another day or two of picking will finish up the flowers. Then I can begin working on the house (fall cleaning) and get back to making my cards again.

It is late afternoon so I will sign out and hope to be back tomorrow to see what opportunities or choices I am given. The leaves are beginning to fall and the yard has a thin cover. Saturday the man who mows for me will be mulching them up and doing so until the leaves are all down. It’s a lengthy process.

I love all seasons and enjoy the different canvases God creates. What a mind to do all he does in our little world, let alone the worlds spreading out before us on every side.

May your colors be bright and inviting as you embrace October.

Essentially Esther