<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Friday, August 05, 2011

COLOR ME VIBRANT..... 


Gardening, and especially flower gardening, brings beauty to the soul. All of the old masters who painted could never equal the colors God put Nature in charge of. Have we seen all of the colors heaven has to offer? I think not. There are ones who have been clinically dead for a period of time and the stories they tell are amazing. I remember one, in particular, that told of colors never seen before.

Color either shouts or soothes to any who take notice……for years I banned oranges and yellows from my garden but then I had an “about face” because of the humming birds. This year I couldn’t do much about new planting because of the heavy rains in May and June…….then the weather turned too hot to be safe working outside. The garden did more or less what it wanted without me. I mostly “dead headed” and picked blooms to dry for the cards I make. On cooler days I pull weeds.

Every few years I find another favorite flower but the ones I have, mostly, are the kind that birds and butterflies like. I enjoy watching them flit from flower to flower. The picture is part of the lilies and they were so pretty this year. Bright, glorious colors and lots of them.

I am in fine company with flower gardeners. Some paint them, some use them for bouquets, others are dried and made into beautiful arrangements and so on, but mostly they are to be loved and shared…..even if it has to be done in film.

Essentially Esther