<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Thursday, June 02, 2011

SUMMER HEAT IS ON..... 


Time to connect with the blog world. Things have been busy around here. The kitchen floor is finished but I’m waiting on the carpenter to make a cabinet around the dishwasher. I’m not a “gadget” person and looked upon the dishwasher as one thing I could do without. That idea was while it was still hooked up. After it was unplugged I realized the usefulness and how much time it took to wash them in the sink.

The carpenter I have is in his 70’s and works slow but he’s retired and can fix anything from soup to nuts. He’s also very reasonable about his fees. He began all this a month ago so things have been piled around for some time. So long I almost look as bad as some of those tornado pictures.

So the floor is finished and looks much better and he will be back tomorrow as I understood him to say. He hasn’t been here since last Thursday. I have taken pictures along the way and will take more when the job is finished.

My birthday came and went. Becky had dinner for the occasion with her son, Jonathan, and family and friends attending. It was low-key and pleasant. I always look forward to cards and they all came in on Saturday which was the very day. Most everyone I know is from the same school. We don’t send cards without a letter along with it, which is special..

My dad was a character. Every year he would shake his cards…open them all up and shake, then say, “No dollar inside.” Of course one year I had to rig up a card with a dollar……and he got a big kick out of it. It’s funny little things like that are so remembered.

Our cool, rainy weather has finally stopped and we have been thrust into an oven with the days topping 90 and better. It’s always so hard on the flowers etc; and the mosquitoes run me right out of the yard. I’ve slathered myself with Avon’s Skin So Soft as it’s supposed to keep them away. It works pretty good so that makes it possible to stay out longer.

I have a bumper crop of poison ivy this year and I will have to pull that out. Long sleeves, pants and gloves keep me from getting it on me most of the time. It’s good to come in and take a shower just in case. I’m very allergic to it so I try to be careful.

This is a little ditty that’s been floating around in my mind all day so I’ll share it. “Give to the world the best that you have and the best will come back to you.” I don’t know about you but it seems like pretty good advice…………

Essentially Esther