<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Friday, May 06, 2011

ONCE AGAIN..... 


Well, I wrote a blog, tried to post it and it went off into the great beyond. Although I titled it….it showed untitled document and I’m tired of searching the folders to see where it might be.

So life in a nutshell here, is looking up and we’ve seen blue sky for two days with a little breeze. I’m not threatened by high water here but there are some low spots around town that are definitely under water. The big problem now is the Missouri river coming down from Illinois and Missouri and so many farmers have lost their crops on the Missouri side. Blood, sweat and tears….and money too….all down the drain. Cairo, Illinois can breathe easy but at what price to the farmers? If they were correct, it would have flooded Cairo and loss of life in the melee. So I guess if that’s correct it was the better of two evils.

I have finally procured a young man to mow my lawn. With the rain we’ve had and my problem finding someone to mow it looked like a hayfield. The man was recommended to me by a friend and he is worthy of the good report she gave. Now all I have to do is get busy with my flower garden. That progress ended with the man that was putting webbing around the bottom of the deck. He started weeding but chased out by the rain. I have hopes of doing some myself. I like to get my hands in the dirt and give my flowers some breathing room.

For my family that has been aware of my sciatic nerve/fibromyalgia problems I want to report I’m finally getting to the upswing on it all. Spent a couple of bad months but that’s behind me now and I can look forward to better days. The cure was to rest the leg and take pain pills. It didn’t do much good because I couldn’t sit comfortable, stand, walk or lay in bed at night. However, with the misery going on around the country with the tornados and flooding it was a small matter. Pain is manageable now and I’m on the mend. Thanks to Helen and Richard for some good Anti-inflammatory analgesic and with the hot pad…..it has helped.

This is short but I will make an effort to be back sooner than later. I miss writing and in between jobs tomorrow I’ll try to write again. So good cheer to everyone and I hope the sun is definitely shining where you are.

Essentially Esther


Friday 6, 2011

P.S. I am just able to post this today since the computer had some problems. Hopefully this will do the trick.