<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

FALL IS COMING..... 



October didn’t disappoint me. We finally had relief from the continuous heat endured through September. I have clematis and crape myrtles still blooming and most of the pot flowers. The leaves are beginning to fall so it won’t be long until we have a killing frost. Mid-October is usually the best time for color. I will soon go from picking and drying flowers to leaf picking. The dogwood is brilliant red and the leaves will make nice color on the cards.

First I was too busy to write a blog and then I was too sick to write. I’m feeling better because I’m starting to look around and consider house-work. Problem being I’m not quite glued to the vacuum yet.

I’ve mentioned one of the stray cats who always chases Callie and I finally got a picture of the results. She is perched in the tree by the house and he is waiting at the bottom. When I realize she’s in the tree I go out and chase him. If I were a cat and an old lady screamed and chased me, throwing rocks and uttering vile threats, I think I would definitely stay away. I am convinced he has a bad hookup in his brain…..what little there is of it. He won’t stay out of the yard five minutes until he’s back with the same intentions.

The day is getting away here so I’d better get to some things that need doing. I hope your day is a nice one and you don’t catch a flu bug. They kind of ruin your fun for a while.

Keep looking up……..

Essentially Esther