<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

FOOTBALL IS A GAME..... 


Two or three of you will remember I received a surprise from John and Barb sometime back and said I would share with you. Then I got to thinking…….maybe I should not reveal it until Favre returns in the fall. John said it was some kind of commemorative shirt they were selling of the guys who had played long time with one organization. That explains why he’s in the green and yellow for the Packers.

I had a feeling if I didn’t wear it he would come back…….then I’d have my picture taken. I guess it’s safe to say……..he is back. I know he is a flawed man about making his mind up about certain things and it’s irked some of the people in the business and even some of his fans.

Hey! I know about not making your mind up. I can decide and then in an hour I don’t remember what I decided. That can be bad in football. I cringed when the Saints hit Brett in the Super Bowl. They weren’t satisfied with a sac………they wanted to kill him. My son John explained football is a rough game. Consider he lives 45-minutes away from the Super-Dome.

Favre is a living legend. All the games he has started…..never missed one. I’ve seen him take brutal punishment from the weather, his opponents and play the game of his life when his father died. He was unbeatable that night. What a game he showed us. He fought through a breaking heart because he said his dad would want him to play. His wife was dealing with breast cancer at one time and he lost a brother-in-law…….missed a lot of things but champions somehow find strength to turn tragedy into winning.

The will to succeed. Forget the pain, forget personal issues, rise to play another day. The gladiators….. how we fault them for being human…..they leave their blood and sweat on the field and we lap it up.

So here’s to the men who sacrifice their bodies for a game. My prayer is they will somehow reap a benefit from it all and find purpose after they leave….they surely are deserving of that.

Essentially Esther