<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

SURPRISE !! SURPRISE !! 



Last Thursday was quite a day. I was cleaning in the garage when out of no-where, Becky appeared. She should have been at work but here she was, not in uniform and acting in a way that made me wonder what was going on. She looked like the cat that swallowed the canary and said she just thought I’d like to have a pizza with her for lunch.

I left what I was doing….no makeup, hot and sweaty from cleaning and when we reached the door, out popped Jennifer. Jennifer, for those who don’t know, is Becky’s daughter who lives in CT. At first I didn’t recognize her…..but when it dawned on me who it was my jaw dropped and we had a big hug for each other.

Jennifer is leaving for the Ukraine in a few weeks and will live in Kiev. Her employment will be as it has been here in the States. She is a head buyer for furniture, fixtures and equipment of large buildings and orders everything from the ground up to the crystal used for the grand opening. She has worked on some of the largest buildings in the North-East and has her own company.

Becky and I were trying to get used to the idea of her going so far away when she made a fast trip back to see us. We had five days to visit with her and we did go to the pizza parlor for lunch that day…..and yes, I did clean up before going. My not recognizing her? Well, she has long hair now, different color, wears a size 6 and brown as a berry from living on the coast and walking her dog on the beach. I hadn’t seen her for three years and so the change was staggering to me.

We packed as much as we could into the time we had. Uncle George from KC came down to see her as well as her friends and family here. It was so good to have her. Becky and I drove her to the airport in Springfield yesterday to fly back to CT. and begin her packing. Of course I will keep our extended family and friends up on her progress through the blog. It’s the best way I know to get news out to everyone.

By the way, I didn’t know George was coming either so I had two surprises. I am sharing a couple of the pictures taken and will have more from time to time. The one picture is of Jennifer and her brother's son, Brady...... we couldn't all be in one picture so had to stagger them.

Essentially Esther