<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Saturday, July 31, 2010

THE LAST DAY OF JULY..... 


This has been a busy week for me. I have worked every day on the berm and have it almost finished. The weeds have been pulled, the invasive sea oats and wild violets are gone. It all starts so slow, a little weed here and there until it’s overgrown. Not just overgrown as we normally think but wound into each other until it’s hard to find a starting place. I kept working in the back and dreading to start on the berm.

I had five tomato towers around the Japanese Maple and wove plastic netting around them. That was three years ago so the branches and leaves have had to endure the tight security to keep the cats out. It was a labor of love to cut each small bit of netting away from the tree. I worked two full days getting the netting and towers out but now the towers are over the tomatoes as they were intended to be. Today I worked on trimming and mulching so when I’m done I’ll take a picture of the finished project.

My grandson’s mother-in-law was in a car accident this past week and was air-lifted to a Springfield hospital. She had a broken arm, large gash in the back of her head with cuts and bruises….eyes swelled shut. Becky and I plan going out this afternoon to visit a while. I have to say she wasn’t wearing her seat belt and was thrown from the car. I’m mentioning this as a warning to anyone who reads this and has the same bad habit. Thankfully she has pulled through but will be a long time healing.

Bloggers who have read Ellen and Curtis found out basically from one another that Curtis died recently. I don’t know the exact date but he mentioned in his last blog that he wasn’t feeling well. His death must have been sudden and I hope to receive more information on his passing. They were a couple to be admired. Ellen died the same year Rocky did. Our list of regular bloggers who read one another and commented with one another is growing smaller. Youtube, twitter and tweets have taken many away from blogging. I’m not one to branch out so I’m sticking with my blogs.

Well, the shade is back on the berm again so I’ll try to finish with it today. If you’re wondering why I talk so much about the yard etc; it’s because that’s all I have to talk about. I’ve been spending most of my time outside working. I will try and think of something different by the next blog. Here’s hoping your yard is as beautiful as my son, George’s. It’s his picture I’m putting on today. When we visit with him I enjoy sitting on his deck and looking at the beautiful lawn and flowers.

Have a nice Sunday…….I’m on my way outside again.

Essentially Esther