<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Saturday, June 19, 2010

IT'S A JUNGLE OUT THERE..... 





My yard work is dependent on our heat index. I’m working now to reclaim some of the yard lost to a couple years of not being able to cut the underbrush. This Spring and Summer I have the ability to work outside again and once I got the flower beds taken care of, I decided to work a little each day on the new growth at the timberline. Our lot is an acre with the back half in timber.

With clippers and lopping shears the job isn’t hard and it’s amazing to me how much I can get done with just those two tools. There is shade there all day (mostly) so the heat doesn’t affect me but the humidity does. I can only work a few hours and then because I know it’s the smart thing to do, I come inside.

I can cut out everything except for the heavier stalks but my neighbor offered to come and cut them all at ground level. The difference is remarkable. I have more to do but I will have help. Our former neighbors do the mowing and heavy yard work I can’t do. They loaded up all the cuttings and hauled them off and will again until the project is done. It is pure joy to make something so much nicer with a little effort…..the difference it makes drives me on.

I don’t know how many pictures I can put on this blog but I will try and give you an idea of what you’ve been reading about. Happy Father’s Day to all you dad’s out there and I hope your weekend is special in every way.

I am so thankful my health is such that I can do the yard work I love. If we have health, we have everything……………..

Essentially Esther