<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Friday, June 25, 2010

FLY AWAY, FLY AWAY..... 


The week has flown by. Even though the temperatures were mid-90’s most days I managed to get more done outside. If I plan my work right I’m in the shade much of the time. I suppose it’s good the heat drives me in for I would stay out and keep working all day, otherwise.

Wednesday was girl’s day and it was my turn to be hostess. Our third lady went back to work so it is just the two of us now. We both have a lot of outside work to keep up and that comes first. This time of year it’s hard to find time to get together. She has a big garden and works hard at that. She loves doing it and shares what she grows…….as well as canning and freezing much of it.

She’s the same friend I do cards with and she’s the one who hatches butterflies…..she is called the “butterfly lady.” The picture is one of the babies she helped deliver. She gets to enjoy them a little while as they stretch their wings and prepare to fly away. We are both avid nature lovers and share stories, information and hobbies linked to the natural world. We never lack for anything to talk about.

It’s the time of day I’d better post this and attach the picture of a newborn Monarch. Friday night is upon us and I hope you have a fantastic weekend. If you have any extra rain we could sure use some……….

Essentially Esther