<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

MAKING PROGRESS..... 


I have good news to report. Napoleon is doing well. He is beginning to use his injured foot gingerly but it looks like some of the swelling might be down. I went out with his plate of assorted things he likes and he ate with more interest than at the beginning.

In fact, I came in the house and later heard him yelling close to the front door. He was looking straight at me and I knew what he wanted……he’s crazy about pecans now. To baby him along, I’d been giving him some to encourage him to eat. He ate the first and didn’t move which was my cue to bring more. I did and he ate all of them……a third time he ate all of them and by then, I decided he‘d had enough.

He has moved around quite a bit today and no longer spends hours in the berm. It is good to see him returning to more normal activity. I think he knows he has a large following and wants to get well.

I’m not only relieved, but very happy that my feathered friend is looking better. Rocky used to call him “Turkey”…….a pet name. Rocky had a name for everything and everyone he crossed paths with……just one of his little pleasures. A nickname always meant you were definitely included in whatever he was doing.

For now he is better, any changes shall be reported. He’s a treasure to many of us up and down the street……plus the people who drive by every day. They always look for him. The picture was taken today to try and show his recovering foot……..

Essentially Esther