<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

WINTER CANVAS..... 


You’ve heard the old phrase “from bad to worse”……well, that’s what we have going here. We are having the coldest, snowiest winter we’ve had for years. I mean like 15 to 20 years.

I know the folks west, north and east of us have had tons of snow. When I see people scooping driveways to get their cars out……and the snow is shoulder high I feel great compassion. Scooping snow is not a hobby or even fun. It’s just something that has to be done.

With snow, sleet and frigid winds it is all relevant. I am in the middle of where my two sons live. George is near Kansas City……a suburb across the Kansas line. He has had more snow than here and says the cold is miserable.

My other son lives near New Orleans, on the north rim of Lake Pontchartrain. He says it is cold there but they haven’t had snow. If I remember right he said it got down to 39*

From 6* with sharp wind gusts from 30 - 40 mph we don’t qualify with the heavy snows on the east coast, or with George reporting a foot or so total accumulation. With John’s temperature of 39* it seems like a heat wave to me but “cold” is cold. Whether it’s below zero, or warmer, whether with snow or not…..if it exceeds what we are used to it seems extreme.

I am painting the kitchen cupboards and enjoying every minute. I like to paint. This is a fun color so I will take pictures when I’m finished. The picture today is from a friend of mine who lives about 6 miles away. My memory card is shot so I’ll use her scene to show you how beautiful it is with our snow. With 2 dozen or more cardinals it is a joy to watch them eat at the feeders……I hope you have warmth and time to enjoy the scenes wherever you are.

Essentially Esther