<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Saturday, February 06, 2010

IT'S ALL ABOUT NAPOLEON..... 



Napoleon is growing feathers quickly now. I’m not sure if he’s as long feathered as he’s going to get but he enjoys flipping his fan up when the cats come around. He has two layers that come up together, each rattling against the other to make a sound like bamboo sticks knocking together. (My version.) Of course the cats have seen this many times before and refuse to give him any pleasure by running off. Only once have I seen him peck a cat when they were eating……and it was their food too but he thinks anything on the front walk is his. I don’t mind telling you it was a hard peck, too.

I took this picture before our big snow so that’s been a week ago. He winters smart. He has a carport he goes to when it’s icy inclement weather. He isn’t about to undergo what he did last year with the ice. When I look back at those pictures I can hardly believe what he went through.

We are getting ready for a heavy snow here beginning tomorrow night. I have filled everything up for the birds, cats and Napoleon. I can be efficient for a week if need be. When I was putting peanut butter in the holes of the tree-limb feeder, I dropped a little here and there and Napoleon quickly gobbled them up. I was surprised at his eagerness to get more as he is normally slow about eating. Now I have something else I can feed him for variety. He will eat almost anything but likes a change.

Well, now that all the critters are taken care of I’m going to get settled and make some cards for a while. I hope you aren’t in the cross-hairs of the bad weather coming……may you keep your power and stay warm. Winter is bad enough but when the power goes it adds much more suffering for all.

…….and now for the note cards.

Essentially Esther