<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

HELLO MR. SUNSHINE..... 


I can’t even remember the last sunny day we’ve had. Just when I was getting used to it I woke this morning with sun coming in my window. It was then I realized how much I had missed it.

Normally I’m not a gloomy person in cloudy weather as some. When we visited Seattle in the days my brother and sister-in-law lived there it was always sunny. My brother couldn’t figure why it happened that way because he said they were usually shrouded in gray clouds and mist. To look at the mountains looming over most of the area was breathtaking. I’ve always loved mountains and oceans and that’s probably because I have lived in the mid-west all my life.

I have traveled much of the country and the wide-open span of mountains seen for miles before we reached them somehow spoke to me. It may be partly why big city folks follow the lure of the open spaces. We don’t know how big our country is until we have an automobile trip West. For the purist in heart the automobile is best because of the opportunity to stop and drink it all in.

Flying over our country only presents the departure and the arrival. It’s good for emergencies or to save time but to vacation or to do my favorite thing…….driving is the only way. My favorite thing? My family will tell you I pick up rocks everywhere I go. My prize rocks remind me of certain trips and I love looking at them. Missouri has tons of rocks and they are prized as much as petrified wood or the many colors and sizes I have gathered.

Thoughts fly through my head when I remember trips I’ve been fortunate to make. I have written them down as they presented themselves this morning. It all started with looking at Mr. Sunshine…….

Essentially Esther