<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Saturday, January 09, 2010

HUNDREDS PROTEST GLOBAL WARMING..... 


Well, yesterday I woke up to frozen pipes. In a mobile home that’s serious because all of the pipes are built right into the floor plan. They are also a type of plastic so the old thing of using a blow-torch to thaw is not an option, either.

After considering some possibilities I called a plumber who has been here for my other water problems. It seems they either leak or won’t run water. It made an impact on my morning. It’s amazing how many ways water is needed to get through the day. Forget food. If it came to push and shove, we have to have water. Thankfully he came within the hour and had the pipes up and running.

I copied this picture from a FW my uncle Tom sent me. He is somewhere around the age of 94.….lives in the north-eastern part of the US and is sharp as a tack. He is adept in anything connected to a battery or electrical cord. He still has a good sense of humor which the picture provides. He keeps up with the news and events, in short he is amazing for his age.

I hope you enjoy the picture. Considering the weather at hand it is folly to think of our world as we know it, melting down to a water-world. Of course, that’s my opinion and since I last looked, we still have that option.

I hope my northern family and friends warm up without the threat of floods. Their resilience is to be admired……..

Essentially Esther