<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

EVERYONE SAFELY HOME..... 


George, John and Barbara arrived last Friday afternoon, late. Becky had been cooking and reading recipes for days getting ready for them. She turned out some awesome dishes and we all ate till we couldn’t move. She wanted to do the cooking this time and forbid me to do anything…….which is hard to do after all the years of meals and menu’s I have done in the past. She had so much fun watching our reaction to her creations I know it was satisfying after all the time she put in.

The next day (Saturday) we went to the 50th Wedding Anniversary party I had previously mentioned and it was a lot of fun. Memories over the years we had a part in brought lots of laughter and fun. We had a good time reminiscing with other guests since a lot of us knew each other. It was a nice way to start the December season.

On Sunday Becky fixed a meal for us and her son, Jonathan and family, but only he and 4-year-old Brady came. Mama and Cloe stayed home with the flu. It seems some of us always end up getting sick around holiday time and this year it was them. I watched football with the boys part of the day and had a good visit with everyone.

Monday, George was worried about the weather up North so he left around 1:00pm and as it turned out he was right about going. They are getting snow where he is and we were getting mist which came down all day yesterday and then the hard winds began after dark here. I know the animals who have to stay outside will be terribly cold and hungry.

Sadly, the time went too fast as always and John and Barb headed home yesterday. Becky went back to work and I tried to get my PC straightened out. My print font went crazy along with my addresses not popping up when I clicked on a letter. John fixed some irritating things on it Monday night and I needed to finish up some smaller problems which I did. Just a little more and it will be running faster, hopefully.

This is the first day I’ve been able to email due to some of the problems mentioned and it feels good to have my mail-box back in action. John will be sending some pictures of our visit as well as putting them on his blog site I would imagine…….so between us there should be some to watch. As I walked home each night from Becky’s I could hear geese flying overhead……I love hearing them. They were above the clouds but there was no mistaking their call. It’s nice to know that some of the natural things in life are still unchanged…………

Essentially Esther