<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

DECEMBER BRINGS A SPECIAL GIFT..... 


There seems to be a deadline on things waiting to be done. I have two and a half days to bring my “froggie” house into a “princess.” Although I have a good excuse I can’t bring myself to accept it just because I’ve had three months off my feet.

I took Mandy, the dog, and Sassy the cat to the Vet yesterday to have some little issues taken care of. Mandy is so pretty with her new grooming and she is getting much better with her allergies. That is a big victory for me. At the last, she looked like a Mexican hairless and was so pathetic. She is such a sweet doggie……and smart!! While she and I were convalescing I taught her to “speak.”

Not altogether a good thing I’m finding out. Now when I’m busy and involved in something else she sits up real cute and barks. That is always a free pass for her to be picked up and put on my lap. It takes about 5-10 minutes of petting before she thinks she has been properly rewarded. I will have to teach her to “speak” only when prompted by my command. This may take a while !!

Now that I’ve had a break I’d better get busy with my projects for today. December seems intent on making us realize it’s time for cold weather. We may have a few flurries over the weekend……personally I liked the unusual balmy weather we’ve enjoyed all Fall. On a drive home from shopping yesterday I saw fields of tiny little black calves. They are so cute and cuddly but they were Black Angus so I’m afraid they will end up on the Menu like the Red and Green M and M’s. I would save all the animals if I could but that calls for a bigger source of power than I have been given.

On the count-down for Christmas……only 23 days to go. I have two favorite Christmas specials I like to watch on TV…….one is The Grinch Who Stole Christmas” and the other, “The Night the Animals Talked.” Both are so heartwarming to me. May the season bring joy and peace as you prepare for the busy days ahead.

Essentially Esther