<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

ALMOST TIME..... 


Christmas has come and gone and now it’s time for the New Year. The remaining family we hadn’t had our dinner and gift opening with, friends and myself were invited to Becky’s for all of the above. We ate until we couldn’t stuff any more in and then had fun opening gifts.

It’s the same all over the country…..folks enjoying time together in a warm and happy environment. Santa was good to me and I think everyone felt the same. The most fun is watching the small children open their things and becoming so excited.

Our weather, of course, was terrible. We didn’t get the snow they expected because we were on the fringe of it all. We probably had around a half-inch. The frigid temps and wind chill were cutting. The poor birds had to feed as best they could in the wind and the squirrels were running around like they enjoyed the change.

I got the warmer out for the bird bath to keep their water from freezing. Water is so important in the winter because most of their supply freezes. If they have to fly very far for water, they use up the energy they just got from the feeders. Becky got the heater connected for me……she’s always good to help when I have problems or the weather is disagreeable.

Yesterday afternoon I watched two Hallmark movies shown back-to-back. I should have been doing other things but it was so interesting I had to watch. I’m glad I did because the Vikings and the Bears game was terribly disappointing. I hate to see a team lose in the last seconds of the game. Win, lose or tie, I love Brett Favre and will always watch when the game is shown locally. I don’t always get to see his games.

The picture is of Sassy, the cat. She is the resident “critter” in the house. Rocky brought her home when he found her lost and injured. He took her to the Vet and had her fixed up and…..then we kept her. She always sleeps at the PC when I’m using it. I know I have some readers who are cat lovers so here is her picture. Sassy is 9-years old now.

Life goes on for all of us and I hope your Christmas was all that you hoped for. The New Year will soon be here when we can begin once more at the “starting line” and hopefully make some changes for the better.

If you were flying I hope you weren’t detained too long. It didn’t look like much fun so maybe they can figure out a plan for the next holiday.

Essentially Esther