<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

OLD BARNS ARE BEAUTIFUL..... 


I wonder what all of you are doing as I sit here and write. This goes places and is read by folks I will never meet or know but Essentially Esther is known to many of you. Maybe for the first time. As I write I know I have cousins out there who read to keep up with my part of the family……..which is mostly critters now.

A friend whom I do know sent me this picture last night after reading my dilemma with the camera/PC thing again. Today I will fix that and tomorrow will hopefully have one of Napoleon for you. After losing everything down to where he looked like a plucked chicken, he is beginning to grow his beautiful plumage again. Each year it gets longer. If he survives many more years he won’t be able to drag it around.

Years, months, weeks and days break down into hours and today is significant because it is unrolling as the clock ticks by….it’s the only time we have right now. Where will the next waking hours take us? I think about silly things that come across my mind. Like I was wondering what a pile of food would look like that I have prepared in my lifetime……or how big would a stack of dishes be that I washed all those years……(before dishwashers were ever thought of.) It would be scary to see the amount of food I’ve eaten in my lifetime for instance.

Speaking of Napoleon, I noticed he was laying outside my window enjoying the warm sun. I took a break and gave him some cookies. He is so trusting of me I could almost feed him out of my hand…..but one look at his beak discourages that from ever happening. I’ve seen him peck a cat rather hard on it’s head and they know when he’s eating, he doesn’t believe in sharing.

I’m looking forward to tonight as I’m hooked on Dancing With the Stars. Tonight is going to be good because Michael Buble and Susan Broyles are both on the program. I love them both. Right now it’s lunch time so I’ll quit with this. I hope you enjoy my friend’s picture. How could you not love an old barn with Fall everywhere?

Essentially Esther