<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Monday, November 16, 2009

MORE VEGGIES PLEASE..... 


Monday, raining, football ! Perfect ! On Monday’s I always watch my favorite team’s replays over and over. Why? Because I can. All those years working, I promised myself I would do what I wanted after retirement. That was kind of silly because you never really retire…..especially if you are an active retiree and have family or friends.

If you have any talents….there is always a great need of them. As a woman, I find the house-work goes on the same. If you are a widow you have to master some of those “honey-do” jobs yourself. I try not to weigh in on friendship or family…..if possible I hire work done…..put up with…..or get over.

My recovery of the fracture is just about 100% and after the long duration it will be good to get back to my own speed. It isn’t such a big deal, other than you just have to go with the flow and don’t get in a hurry. I rather enjoyed part of it but alas ! Now the housework begins again.

With almost daily warnings about medications that are supposed to remove symptomatic issues, plus side effects that invade us with more problems it is becoming my belief we are safer without any of them. We don’t give our bodies enough credit to heal it’s self.

For instance, think of the afflictions we can control or alleviate all together just by a healthy diet. I know……now I’ve gone to meddling and I love all those good tasting bad foods as well. However, I am convinced more every day it is essential to be smart about what we eat. I’ve always been on-again off-again about diets……not to lose weight but healthy diets. I’m a sugar addict but I’m believing I can change that.

Speaking of that, it is my lunch time so bring on those veggies !! The picture is of Miss Callie in the chair and Chevy on the deck. My long-time furry friends. If you want a good buddy…..feed that next stray or adopt one from the local shelter. You’ll be glad you did…….

Essentially Esther