<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Monday, November 23, 2009

GOOD FRIENDS..... 


........are so important. In my case, my good neighbors moved out-of-state several years ago but moved back to their hometown later. Becky and I were so glad to have them back. We help each other in ways that are meaningful. I am the oldest but I can be counted on to act younger than my age on occasion…..Mc Arthur maintained age is only a frame of mind. Well, I happen to think he is right.

Though they no longer live next door we have maintained a long friendship and count on each other when those times come along that we need some help. This is the man who has kept the yards mowed, trimmed, leaf removal and who does all the heavy things I can’t lift.

For their privacy I do not mention names but I am so grateful to be able to keep my little acre looking nice. It was later, after Rocky died that they moved back and I am always in awe when I see the way God removes obstacles for people like me who would just have to sit and look at a weed patch. I’m not helpless but the yard has sure suffered this year because of my unexpected fracture.

I had the best intention of cleaning house today but when I saw smoke billowing up in the lot next door (my son’s lot) I knew my neighbor was burning and cleaning. It will look right nice when Mr. George gets down here early in December. Like so many, I love seeing those big piles of leaves and tree branches burn. After a day or two there is no trace of the mess it was.

My mother used to say, “Esther, don’t worry about the weeds in your flowers. A good frost takes care of them and next Spring you can start even again.” Well, I sure hope she is right because this is one time when I really need a free pass with the yard work.

Tomorrow I go to one of my friend’s for “girls day”…….three of us settle the problems of the world, keep our fingers busy on projects and have a lot of fun laughing. Three old gals can afford to laugh. Not much scares you after a long life that has pretty much seen everything. Why worry? God is running the show and that takes the worry away to the Someone who can deal with it.

I’m so glad I don’t have to worry about it all…………go out and visit an old friend and let your cares roll away. That’s exactly what I’m going to do……….if God allows……..

Essentially Esther