<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Thursday, November 12, 2009

CRITTER-VILLE..... 


The camera is once again sending pictures to the PC and here is the picture I promised of Napoleon. His tail feathers are growing back and he’s already got a little bit of a strut anticipating how beautiful he will be. After roosting around all summer he is back in my large oak again. I’ll have to say, I enjoy watching him fly up when the sun is slipping down under the horizon. He is and always will be a fascination to me.

He is a very rare bird. I don’t know anything about peacocks other than the friendship Napoleon and I have developed. I know I can goggle and find out everything about them but I like to let our friendship develop as it goes along. All I know is how much he loves cookies, cake, bread, muffins……anything sweet. In cold weather I feed him canned and dry cat food. That’s his staple but the sweets are the treats he looks forward to.

I’ll keep you up on the growth rate of his tail……I like to share his life with the ones of you who really enjoy him. Yesterday a new neighbor down the street saw me feeding him cookies and stopped in to inquire about him. When their house was being built Napoleon was often down that way seeing what was going on in ‘his’ neighborhood. He’s very nosey and anyone in their yard usually gets his attention.

Our neighbor was concerned because he didn’t see him around anymore. I assured him he was alive and well so he was pleased. An obvious lover of animals….he owns cats and so he watches the critters that roams the neighborhood. I have five extra cats coming around in the evening when I feed my garage cats and let them in. It’s getting to be as bad as a Sonic or Dairy Queen when they all come at once.

Well, as you can imagine my days are taken up a lot with my furry friends….from birds and squirrels to cats, dog and Napoleon, they all have me trained with what they like to eat and when. They are good companions, all, and make me feel that something still needs me around.

So from me and all the critters…….that’s it for today. I’ve got to go put a couple loaves of bread in the oven to bake. Tomorrow is my day to see my friend in the nursing home and she loves homemade bread so that will be her treat tomorrow. Good night from my part of the Ozarks…….

Essentially Esther