<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Monday, November 09, 2009

COMPUTER LINGO..... 


Computers are a funny thing. If you are over sixty they can be downright aggravating. My son George was trying to help me on the phone and soon realized his mother was nowhere near even the language. I found out that default meant “where do you want it to go”? Well, shux !! If I’d known that I’d have quit clicking “no” every time it came up.

I took some pictures of my critters and they were downright cute. However, when it wanted to default them I promptly clicked no. I didn’t want them going somewhere because they were “faulty”…….I have no idea where those pictures are. Somewhere in the vast reaches of the mysterious PC. Some day they may pop up again and this time I’ll know that I do want to default them. I never live a day without learning something new.

I guess I should be embarrassed with the lack of PC savvy but I’m not. Why would I be telling the blogger world about it if I were embarrassed? One nice thing about being over 60.….over 70 and on……that all of that prideful stuff is silly. If you goof up, pick yourself up and call your kids for a little structural conversation. It really makes them feel good to know they are smarter than me.

My son recommended I enroll in a computer class at the junior college in the next town. Now that’s just useless. Why would I want to do that when I can call and ask him? Anyway, I know how to email, blog, transfer pictures and surf the net. That’s plenty to know……unless I forget to default.

It’s time to post so I’ll find a picture and put it on just to dress up my column. I have plenty to draw from…….except the ones I really want.

Essentially Esther