<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Sunday, October 18, 2009

FOOTBALL FANATIC..... 


It’s been a quiet weekend at the Rockenbach house. After many days of cloudy weather and rain, along with unseasonably cool weather the sun broke through today and made the world all bright again.

I feasted on football from all the pre-game chatter to college football along with the pro’s. I picked some winner’s…..I would have done great if most of my teams quit after the third quarter. I didn’t find much comfort as they folded in the fourth and left me sadly lacking with winners.

But hey!! Not to be discouraged, my man Favre pulled off a win after they faltered in the fourth. I didn’t begin breathing again for quite a while. Hated to see another favorite, Eli Manning loose big to the Saints……..but again……not all is lost there either. I’m sure my son, John, had a field day with the Saints winning big and the Chiefs hanging in there to win their first game. I think the young coach will be OK and the team gets it all together. How long??? How long?????

Tomorrow Becky and I have dental appointments which necessitates a trip to the big city. We always do as much shopping etc; as we can because we don’t go very often. I think it will be a fairly nice day but then we have rain moving in for Tuesday and Wednesday. Oh well…….

The H1N1 is visiting our little town keeping a growing number of folks checking into the clinic’s and emergency rooms. So far so good for me but being out in crowds tomorrow will raise my chances of getting it. With most reports, the H1N1 shots are available but the regular flu vaccines are not.

Well, I guess I’ll go catch some more football so for now……

Essentially Esther