<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Thursday, October 01, 2009

THE CLOCK IS TICKING..... 


Today we begin the last quarter of 2009. I distinctly remember when I was a little girl of figuring out how old I would be at the turn of the century. It came out as 68. I couldn’t imagine being that old and thought it would take forever to get there if I did. Well, in May I will be an even 10-years past that and I’m wondering how far the years will go beyond that….if at all.

I know I talk a lot about time. It’s because I can’t imagine how fast it is going. How could it take so long to get from the first of school to Halloween and from there to Thanksgiving and on to Christmas. It took forever! Now it seems to speed by like a locomotive on a fast-track.

Retirement? More time? Ha !!! Not on your life! It goes as fast. Sitting it out in a wheelchair for almost 5-weeks now? I can’t believe it’s been 5-weeks. As I knit I watch TV and have been watching the Nostradamus Effect on the History Channel. The events as he saw them were calamities and great destruction coming to a world being torn apart by natural disasters. His predictions along with several others, including some lost civilizations charted time up to 2012. After that, it is now in question, if time is spiraling ever closer to the end.

The Bible foretelling the end of the age does not give a time for this to happen and we are advised not to waste our thoughts on things of God we can’t know. I was not aware of Nostradamus or the calendars stopping at 2012 by several lost civilizations. However, the full accuracy remains to be seen of the people who predicted these events.

My next breath is not promised which is the necessity for me to survive. Therefore I take no concern for tomorrow because it is dependant on factors I am not privy to know nor can I change the course of them. If I breathe in faith, that faith will sustain me for whatever time I am given.

Essentially Esther