<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Friday, October 16, 2009

BEAUTIFUL FALL..... 


The picture is one of several a friend sent. She always ferrets out good pictures and shares them with me which I appreciate. In case you haven’t noticed I haven’t been putting my own photo’s on the blog site. Since getting the printer/fax/scanner the Dell won’t transfer from my camera to the PC. I should have seen about it sooner because this has been going on for quite a while.

I would like to update you with new pictures of Napoleon’s daily work of pulling his feathers out. That’s a job that has taken him months to do. I guess after mating season they loose their beauty along with the feathers. By then the little lady is on the nest and doesn’t care how he looks. Once dazzled by his beauty she gets the nesting urge and the male concentrates on his yearly molting.

I am using the walker part-time as prescribed and it’s good to get up and walk across the room. However, I see the wisdom of doing part-time as I do tire easily and the fracture lets me know when it’s time to sit down. I yearn to do housework but that just can’t happen for a while. Between the work in my flower beds and the work I can’t do inside……I work hard on patience. We are told that everything has a season and instead of wailing I keep myself focused on the fact this is temporary.

I watched a movie last night that didn’t rate my time given to such dribble. I guess I just wanted to see how bad it could get before the it ended. I think the name was “Glass Gate” or something like that. I don’t know how old it was but it lacked everything that makes today’s films great. Having a movie on while I knit is good because I don’t have to constantly change channels or watch too closely to get the drift of the story.

Well……I won’t have problems with that all week-end because it’s football time again. That gets my full attention until about the next Wednesday when the armchair guru’s stop talking about every past game and begin talking about the next weekend coming up in great detail. If it happens to be my man, Favre, I enjoy all the praise he receives. So far, so good.

Speaking of Favre…..a kind lady wrote me an email (because she didn’t want to embarrass me by writing in the comment section) that I had been misspelling the name, Favre. You would think as much as I see the name on his back I would know how to spell it. That R and V just don’t look right to me but it is what it is.

I won’t say who you are but I thank you for thinking enough of me to bring it to my attention. I am not embarrassed, just glad for the correction…..and to you for not wanting to embarrass me. In other words I’m more thankful than embarrassed.

I wonder……are you the only one who noticed this? Huummmmm…….

Essentially Esther