<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Thursday, October 29, 2009

ANOTHER SENIOR MOMENT 


This is……guess what? Yup ! It’s another rainy day. I wonder if Seattle is having sunshine and we got their rain. Something is definitely not “up to snuff” as the family elders used to say. Well……..ya’ think?

Normally I have ample time to take pictures of fall leaves but many have just dropped off. One particular day I watched as they fell like snow flakes. I have been planted on this acre of ground since 1971 and it constantly does something it’s never done before.

I finally got my camera problem fixed. After procrastinating for weeks I headed for the Radio Shack and the poor man explained what was wrong, etc, etc, etc, etc. I tried to look as if I understood for this was not the first sojourn I’ve made to his store. In retrospect, I recall the other customers in the store were also…..senior citizens.

While I described the problem, the seniors were nodding their heads and rolling their eyes. (I think we are the largest on-going customers he has.) I couldn’t let it go at that, oh no !! I embarrassed myself further by picking up a cute little Halloween thing and mentioned what a cute cat it was. All black with two white fangs. The owner laughed and picked it up, telling me it was a “bat.” When the button is pressed it’s wings spread out, the face goes backwards and it becomes a flashlight. He was engaging all of the seniors with his knowledge and we were most impressed.

Well, I digress. The point is this……I can now take pictures and transfer them to the PC. I enjoy doing that so much. However, today I am putting another picture of son George’s back yard. His maple trees are beautiful and I wanted to share them with you. If the rain and strong wind doesn’t deplete the leaves from my pin-oak I will send a picture of it. It is truly my favorite and it’s rusty beauty feeds my soul.

Oh !……..and the bat flashlight? I bought one and a pumpkin one as well. Did I mention they made sounds? I thought not…..the bat made little bat sounds and the pumpkin kept laughing the whole time.

Now you gotta love something like that !

Essentially Esther