<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

WHILE I AM HEALING..... 

I’m still here……sitting in my little chair. I haven’t written because, frankly, there isn’t much to write about. I’m sure getting weather reports, or updates on my pets are repetitious and uninteresting. I have devised every way I know to use the wheelchair and walker. Some things are possible and others are unattainable.

I amuse myself heckling at anything or anyone on TV that I don’t agree with and believe me…….these days that takes up most of my day ! I’ve exhausted the Food channel, HGTV, the NFL channel, old reruns……after so long any of it becomes too predictable. I feel like a 2-year old who has been put in the play-pen and mom is outside visiting with the neighbor. Helloooooooooo !!

I have been knitting the same afghan for 2-weeks. I’m like the woman who promised to marry someone as soon as she finished spinning the wool (or something like that). She worked all day and pulled it out all night. Meanwhile the hero was trying to get back to rescue her. Eventually it had a happy ending. That was about when I was 8 or 9 so I don’t remember exactly. Hummmmmm…..maybe it was Rumplestiltskin. That sounds about right.

OK…..where was I? The knitting. It’s a sad story…….I have knitted enough to make two afghans but somehow there was a problem in the “counting.” I ripped it down several times, thinking I had gone far enough to catch the problem. Wrong. The last time I ripped out one whole skein and the count is on track. However, I’m also 4 skeins away from finishing. Oh well……what do I have to do anyway? I’d just start another once this one was finished.

It is looking like rain here…..I have home grown green beans and new potatoes cooking and the smell tells me I’d better go check on them. Should be about right. Becky will come soon and we will share our day……..as well as our meal….

……and that’s about it from here.

Essentially Esther