<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

FROM A SWAN TO AN UGLY DUCKLING....HA! 


Linda, this is for you. I took this picture in the dark, almost. Napoleon has been coming late and then looking in the window where he can see me…..I can feel someone staring at me and sure enough….it’s Napoleon. After he eats his cake he hurries off to roost.

He’s been changing roosting places lately for some reason but my yard is his favorite throughout the day. He digs up loose dirt and settles down in it like an old hen. It’s so funny…..you would think he would be afraid of predators but the neighborhood pets give him respect. He has pecked a few cats when they get too inquisitive about what he’s eating.

I have a friend coming to visit, shortly, so this is it for now. I will still get a daylight picture to send when I see him out and about. He’s lost the long feathers and has picked out a lot of his “down” and brown feathers. They are like a dandelion when it’s seed is ready to blow away…..so fine and fluffy…it’s amazing.

He will even lose more feathers than this so I’ll be sending more pictures your way.

Essentially Esther