<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

CARDS, CORN AND QUILTS....GOOD COUNTRY FARE 


The days fly by and we are getting some very nice summer days. The weather is what I would call perfect. Thought I’d put a picture on of some of the cards I’ve been making. Tomorrow is Girls Day at my house and we will put the cards aside to do a little quilting. Two of us have quilted before and have enjoyed it for some time but our third member has not. Therefore we will begin with a rudimental pattern which I still love a lot…..the Log Cabin.

It’s great for beginners as it is cut in 2 ½ in strips and then sewn together in a square. Almost everyone who quilts has at least one in their closet and those who have never quilted, have for the most part, heard of it. My friend and I went to a great sewing and craft store in our area and spent our time looking at both quilting and craft sections. I love both for different reasons.

Tomorrow, I hope to get a picture of Dode’s first quilt block and I’ll take pictures of her progress for her to remember. Her daughter lives in a beautiful log cabin home with a Western décor and Dode is making the quilt for her. Of course ! How perfect for living in a log cabin??

I will have to go with this as on our way home we stopped at a stand where two young Amish boys were selling roasting ears. They also had other veggies but we were happy with the corn. It’s my favorite…….white and yellow ears. It is sweet as candy. Guess who’s having corn for supper??

…….and guess who has to go shuck a dozen ears right now??

Essentially Esther