<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

WEATHER PROPHET'S..... 


Have you ever said, “It’ll be a cold day in July”….well it’s almost cool enough to turn on the heat. Our high today will be near 72-which is about 25-degrees cooler than the average. Many of you all over the country are facing the same weather tantrums. Whatever happened to Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter? We in Missouri are almost a 2-season State now. Cold and hot. I think Nature is trying to tell the wizards who keep saying “global warming” has turned on the AC. Trust me. She is still in control.

In my young life, I never paid any attention to weather news. I thought it was silly to pay so much attention to it. My first mother-in-law used to look out the window and prophecy the weather. “It looks like rain. If it comes from the East we’re in for a good soaker, we get our heaviest rains from the East. The wind always changes at midnight. Gonna be windy today, look at those clouds. Lots of wind in them.” She had many years of looking up to see how she needed to plan her day. Honestly, she was right most of the time. I should have known her many years of experience would back her up. But I was young….what did I know about it? Looking back I should have taken a few lessons. She was gracious with my eye-rolling. (Oh yes!! I did that too. It isn’t a new thing.)

Youth is wasted on the young.

Now I am mostly alone and guess what? You already knew didn’t you? No matter what I’m doing I plan to be in front of the TV at least 6-times a day to see the “latest” weather. It isn’t as goofy as it sounds. Missouri’s natives always say if you don’t like the weather, hang around. It’ll change. I spend time looking up whenever I’m outside. I like the clouds, search the horizons to see if anything is “coming.” Even as dumb as I am I can tell when it’s raining.

Hey, we need the rain. I’m not inside looking out singing, “Rain, Rain, Go Away.” I did enough of that as a kid. Now that I’m the smart person I am about weather I know it doesn’t do any good. I have Josh Groban and Rod Stewart singing and will all day while I work. That’s a good thing to leave the singing to them. You don’t think they go together? Oh but yes! It’s Rod Stewart’s Great American Songbook with his sexy, sultry voice. Never a fan of his former music but now that we’re both older he goes very well.

As for Josh Groban….I never knew he existed until John selected it for background music at Rocky’s memorial service. I will always love Josh’s music for the way it impacted me at the Service. Thanks, John.

Now the music is in my heart with Rocky………………

Essentially Esther