<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Monday, July 13, 2009

THE PATIENT IS IMPATIENT..... 


After 10-days of heat and no rain things were pretty sorry looking. Then as summer so often does it whipped up the right recipe to bring us rain. Cool front coming down from the north and juicy hot air coming from the Gulf…..mix well together and pour out for rain. Works every time. The trick is to keep it under control so there are no tornados, high straight winds and no hail. That’s the tricky part. When winds are clocked at 70 mph it’s going to do a lot of damage.

I’ve been pretty much passive about it all as I’ve had to humor the sciatic nerve on my right side. I’ve been to the chiropractor twice, the doctor once and have applied cold packs and an infra-red lamp to the area that keeps belting out a painful punch. Of course none of this is exactly news for those of you who are regular readers.

It is so frustrating to look out instead of being out. As hot and humid as the weather has been it would have been some help to at least pull a few weeds. However, I am one who believes there is a great primeval plan for our days so whatever I’m to learn from all this is: I am definitely not in control. That’s my take on it, at least.

I take full credit for the wonderful rain we’ve had. I drove through the car wash on Friday and even selected the deluxe wash. As much as I love Napoleon, he has several aggravating habits. For one, he insists on getting up on top of the van with his tail hanging over the driver’s window. Does this bring a red light to anyone? In the natural way of things he relieves himself and it runs all the way down my side window and door.

If I’m not careful I leave the window slightly cracked and he manages to let it run down the inside onto my driver’s seat. Needless to say I would put the car in the garage but remember we have about a dozen booths to keep full of stuff? My garage has become the dumping ground for whatever we can’t haul at the time and since cold weather it has become fuller and more out of organization than ever. When I’m up to the humiliation I’ll snap a picture and let you see for yourselves. It is not a pretty sight.

My aim is to get the garage cleaned and organized so I can put the van in out of the weather and away from Napoleon. However, that depends on how soon I can get back to work. Well, I digress. My washing the car, finally, was what tempted the downpours we’ve had the past several days. It’s been a long time since I’ve heard much thunder and seen that much lightening and it was rewarding.

All things considered life is moving right along here on our little acre……and now, it is time for the infra-red lamp again. Cheers.

Essentially Esther