<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Thursday, July 02, 2009

INSPIRATION ON VACATION..... 


Inspiration is funny. Either you’re full of stuff to write about and can’t shut-up or you’re brain dead. Since my last post I’ve pretty much been brain dead. I understand why some blogger’s just quit writing altogether or take leave. This is always sad when it happens to one of my favorite writers.

Most of you remember Ellen Crush. I enjoyed her journey from the time I met her on line until cancer claimed her last ounce of strength. She was a fighter with a gentle heart and good brain. Then from what I gather Critter Chick developed cancer and was so engrossed with treatments she quit writing because she didn’t want to talk about cancer all the time.

I was sorry to see her leave the blog world and finally there were so many comments they had to shut down her site. I am not aware of any updates and so I wonder what ever happened to her. Her site was full of beauty….an avowed animal lover, she had pictures of her pets and others in a fresh way for viewing.

My cousin Dale’s last blog was on May 9, 2007. One month later and on the same day…..he died. I not only miss him but he had a wonderful gift of writing. The Andersen’s were great story tellers and Dale did them proud. I will always hate that he died alone and that he died before we were ready to let him go.

Those were a few of the writers but John and Becky have quit for a while or maybe forever because they are in Administrative jobs. You can only pack so much into 24-hours. I have struggled lately because it seems I write about the same things all the time. Repetition gets old after a while for the reader.

As far as news from Shady Lane……..I’ve had the deck power-washed and wood sealer put on. It looks much better and hopefully will aid in preserving it for more years to come. I water the foliage around the house area and the other things just have to tough it until it rains again. Hopefully that will happen soon.

I enjoy being outside for any reason. I have not been able to do much work in my flowers for the rainy weather from May to half of June. The past three weeks have dried out our reserve……..but every day I can do a little and that keeps me happy. Today I am planting “Hen and Chicks”……they were a favorite of Rocky’s and therefore, a favorite of mine.

Essentially Esther