<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Thursday, July 09, 2009

HAVE A GOOD DAY..... 


Some days are better than others. I never know why but it’s true. It’s like you wake up with a happy, expectant feeling that “today” is going to be special. In my case, I think it’s because I’m limited with activities right now and it gives me time to appreciate everything more. I have every reason to be grateful for God has been very good to me. He has seen me through many a trial and error and answers every prayer; sometimes yes and sometimes no. That’s enough to make any day special. We have an advocate who is always watching out for us.

I sense a growing feeling that the citizens of this country are banding together to get back to basics. It really doesn’t take a lot to make most of us happy. When I see the ruins of tornado’s or earthquakes, etc; on TV, most of the people interviewed will say “our family is safe….the things can be replaced.” If your house were burning and you had five minutes to grab something, it more than likely would be a child, or pet. If there is no child or pet, it’s usually photo albums.

Fire, wind or water doesn’t care what we pay for things or what brand we are wearing. It burns the same no matter the price tag. When everything is gone that we spent our lives getting what do we have left? Who and what we are and the integrity we hold dear. Boiled down, sifted and tried we really don’t need much.

I’m happy because there are still flowers blooming along the roads, beautiful sunrises or sunsets, butterflies and birds and all the little critters running around in the acre I call home. My mother was always one who enjoyed looking at the yards and homes of other people. She didn’t have to own it or acquire it…..she simply enjoyed the beauty as she walked by and was satisfied.

Satisfied! What a wonderful gift she gave to me.

Essentially Esther