<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

GOING TO THE BUTTERFLY PALACE..... 


It finally quit raining and the clouds rolled away about mid-afternoon. The sun looks good after rainy days even if we did need the rain. Can’t please everyone I guess. Tomorrow I am going to Branson with my butterfly friend. She hasn’t seen the new building for the butterflies and couldn’t ever get anyone enthused enough to go….. but the plan is coming together tomorrow.

Two friends of hers, she and I will go over to take in the town. I’m just a passenger so it will be nice to let the day happen without driving through the maze of streets and traffic. I have tired of lane to lane traffic, finding a place to park or standing in line for anything. In the span of my lifetime it has become unreal. Anywhere.

Yesterday I went for a massage at a place in our small town where there is good feed-back. His prices are unreal. I know in a city it would be much more but here it is only $75 for 90-minutes. I took the full time and will go back next week. Definitely does help my situation better than the chiropractor. After a few weeks I will gear down to an hour for $55 or a half-hour for $35. When you feel better it is worth the money. Once this sciatic problem is reconciled I will be a happy woman.

I certainly sympathize with people who can’t walk, or if they do, it’s painful. People who have lost limbs or have a muscular or nerve problem that can’t be fixed have a terrible time just getting through a day. It doesn’t take long to realize how fortunate “normal” is. Perhaps it is good to have a flare-up occasionally to realize just how good we have it. In our senior years it’s a blessing to be able to care for one’s own needs.

Tomorrow I will take pictures to paste in a blog when I have the time to write again. For now I’d better get to some of those daily jobs that are waiting for me.

Essentially Esther