<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Monday, July 27, 2009

FROM PEACHES TO BUTTERFLIES..... 




July and August are the months for local peaches and my butterfly friend has had a source for years. She and I have split a bushel over the week-end and will get another at the next picking. How long has it been since you’ve had peaches picked off the tree to process? I prefer peeling, slicing, sugaring and into freezer bags for cobblers later on. They go great on cereal or ice-cream (or both) for a delicious breakfast. Locally grown, they are wonderful.

I’m also having friends in for supper so after the peaches I’ll scrub the floors and start cooking. It isn’t often I cook a full meal anymore but I still enjoy it when I have a reason.

I promised more pictures which are of the butterflies themselves, rather than the building etc; However, the building was the first thing one sees when arriving so you had to see that before going in. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Essentially Esther