<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Sunday, July 26, 2009

THE BUTTERFLY PALACE..... 



I’ve been on the run lately but I’m finally getting to the Butterfly Palace pictures I promised. I left my purse in the car with the camera in it (which I realized after I got inside) so I didn’t take the pictures, personally, the photo’s you will see over the next couple of days will be the ones my “butterfly friend” took.

I told you I had to be talked into going. I finally gave in since it meant so much to her. We weren’t inside 2-minutes until I was glad I changed my mind about the day’s adventure. She darted about snapping pictures, always seeing more to capture on film. She was transformed into the little girl, aged about three, she used to be.

It’s only been 9-months since her husband died and seeing life emerge from a worm to a butterfly is one of the things she draws pleasure from. We are the same age and have come through much of life’s travels the same, though from different roads. We all handle grief differently but I’m not a couch potato (nor is she) and I’m happiest when I’m working on my many interests so at the close of day I have something to feel good about.

Three of her friends were in the group, all very pleasant and good natured. The plan is to go back to Branson later on to see the Titanic which is reported to be an excellent choice. It is replicated so well I am told you feel like you are on the ship.

My choice is to see the Ozark Fall Festival at Silver Dollar City in October. Rocky and I always intended going but his early death prevented it. There are so many local venues of craftsmen who do their work while you watch or stroll by. Many have come from other States to see it every year and I just live an hour and a half away so Lord willing we will go this year.

The night picture is a post card, and maybe the day picture….the rest are the work of my friend. I will be posting some now and then for you to see.

Essentially Esther