<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

TALKING TO THE PC..... 

Who would I want to be if I could be somebody else? What would I want to do if I could do anything I wanted? When would I be satisfied if I could change everything in my life? Where would I go if I could go anywhere?

The “Who” would be me. I would rather be me than anyone I know. Not that I’m conceited but because I have a good set of values that are important to me and I live by them. I know we are all flawed and I’ve fought my demons.

The “What” is where I am right now. Being retired gives me opportunity for the hobbies I love, yard work, caring for my pets, visiting family and friends……writing, knitting, reading and doing for others. All of that makes me happy and I wouldn’t want anything different. These “whats” are exactly what I want.

The “When” is satisfaction right here and right now. I have made choices all along the way that have given meaning to my life and have brought peace. I would be satisfied to have my loved ones back but I know it’s impossible….I accept the journey as God sees it and one day I will be with them again. Knowing God is good I rest with His decisions.

The “Where” would be here. We came to this little acre in 1971 and my roots are deep. I have lived with two husbands in this home and cared for each until cancer took them from me. I feel their presence here and I live with many good memories.

I say a person who is happy with themselves, who he is, what he’s given, made the right choices and is happy where he is, knows how to count his blessings.

In thinking it over I would say God has treated me abundantly well and spared me of many trials. The bottom line in God’s book is that he wants us to tell him we are aware of the blessings, the mercy, to give him honor for all he has put in our lives and to return the blessings to others.

I think it is summed up with……acknowledge all we have been given and to pass it on. Be thankful, be good and share the love.

Essentially Esther