<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

....AND IN THE OTHER CORNER..... 


This is the cupboard that Rocky made. Since the space was limited it wouldn’t be possible to find a cupboard to fit. Rocky asked if I would like him to make one……..does a bear live in the woods? Though married three times I never had a husband who could do carpentry, electrical, plumbing….the works. Rocky amazed me with his “can do” attitude. This doesn’t take anything away from my other two husbands. They had talents that Rocky didn’t and at the time were needed.

He made a trip to the lumber yard and began his project in the garage. The next few days he was busy as a bee…….occasionally having me look to determine how far apart the shelves should be and such. When he brought it into the house, it fit the space perfectly. To the half-inch it fit into the space with no problem.

It is one of my prized possessions because he made it. I am one who is appreciative of handwork and “home made” because love is always tucked into the project. It is a valued gift of time and effort.

Essentially Esther