<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Monday, June 15, 2009

ALL THIS AND AIR-EVAC TOO..... 

I’ve felt like a cat on a hot tin roof today. Didn’t know whether to jump or run. On Mondays I am half trying to catch up what didn’t get done last week and trying to get a quick start for this week. If I’m not careful I end up running in circles. My brain is like four BB’s in a box car……

Here is how today went. I took Mandy out and it was kind of rainy. But on our little walk I thought I’d better pick some wild flowers for the cards my friend and I make together. I came back, ate breakfast and went up the road with scissors and picked some beauties I noticed earlier. I put them in a book to press, put my sheets in to wash and stared at the cupboard in the kitchen I’m painting.

A giant problem emerged when I put the first coat on. I hadn’t noticed but the thick shelves were painted on the ends which shows through the glass sides. I wasn’t initially alarmed as I was more into slapping on red paint. I kept the windows open as I was using outdoor paint and it said not to use it inside due to noxious fumes. I’m from “old school” which means I don’t pay any attention to directions when I’m steamed up to get a project off the ground.

I knew ultimately I would have to do something about “the problem” of the shelves and suddenly it came to me. Of course!!!! It was such an easy solution I was surprised I didn’t think of it sooner. All I had to do was measure the size of the shelves, buy some thin wood cut to size, paint them and stick them on with liquid nails outside of the glass. It would match the rest of the cupboard and look like it was made that way.

For the first time in my life I left the house with no make-up (my Rocky would never believe it) and headed for the local True Value Store. I had a broken yard stick in my hand with ink lines where the measurements were and any smart clerk will hide when he sees something like that heading his way. I finally trapped a guy……got the cuts I needed, a paint scrapper/with a box of blades and the liquid nails. I thought all that for less than $10 dollars was pretty good. Problem solved.

I came home and spent the afternoon putting blue tape on all the glass areas and that took a little doing until I got the hang of it…..sorta. The wild flowers I told you about? I took a good picture of them to put on today’s blog……now remember, I told you about my brain mal-function…..when I went to put the picture in the computer and reached for the little gizmo to transfer it ……..the memory chip was still in it. I hadn’t taken it out and didn’t get the picture with an empty camera.

And now, I have to put those clean sheets back on the bed.

Essentially Esther