<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Monday, May 18, 2009

MONDAY AS I SEE IT..... 

After three weeks of rain the sun is out and I can almost see the grass growing. With all the moisture and now full-sun everything is looking great. I had plenty of time to watch the weather. What started out to be allergies, ended up with a bronchial infection that wouldn’t go away. The past couple of days I feel much better but don’t have my pep back yet. All in good time.

During the time I was recuperating, I discovered a mouse came to visit in the bottom cupboards. Talk about a bummer!! That meant I had to take everything out, wash and put back after cleaning the shelves. Clorox wipes are a great invention for jobs like that. I can’t be too mad at the mouse, I guess, because it had tried to gnaw the plastic top off the malt powder jar that I make my malts with. He gave it his best but he couldn’t get into it. Now how can you be mad at a mouse who likes malts?

The critters loved having me “down,” hours upon hours watching daytime TV which is the pits. They curled up nearby and slept like babies…..opening an eye once in a while to make sure I was still there.

Napoleon has a new trick. I wasn’t out much and he got tired of coming by to see if I’d come out. In desperation, he got up on the front step and started hollering. It worked, so now when he wants a treat he does his screech until I show up. Having a peacock for a pet is a hoot. He’s always evolving with his communication skills and he has me pretty well trained.

I guess this is all for today. No fluff, no picture, no nothing’……I hope to be back to full production soon. The trouble with being sick is……when you’re sick you don’t care what the house looks like. Then you get better and coming out of the fog it’s a cruel realization that there is a lot waiting on your plate.

Also, on a serious and sad note, I learned a classmate and his wife died of health issues less than a month apart. Though life took us different ways we kept up with each other and at reunion time it was always good to see them. The roll call of our class is becoming smaller and smaller and it’s no wonder. This month marks 60-years since we marched into the auditorium and said goodbye to high-school.

My, my. It was all so long ago…………

Essentially Esther