<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Friday, May 22, 2009

MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND..... 


I am glad to report that I’m much better and back to normal activity. Since my doctor took me off the Lisinopril I have heard of several others who went through the same process. Some were able to tolerate it longer as I did while others deal with it much sooner. At present I have been taken off BP medicine as I have been regulated for some time…..I may not need to go back on it, but will continue being checked.

This time of year in the Ozarks is a favorite of mine. Flowers and shrubs planted long ago return to offer their fragrance and beauty. It is such a joy to see the balance of nature played out in the back yard. Bee’s and Hummingbirds hover over the sweetness of the blooms….the roses have had a perfect Spring to give their best color and size. I have to enjoy them in the yard as my cats jump on any plants or blooms I bring in. They miss the natural habitat they normally would be in.

Tomorrow Becky and I will decorate the graves. Southerner’s are serious about Memorial Day. The family clans gather from all around the country to pay respect to their dead. The children are taught early about their forbearer’s and the sacrifices they’ve made to guarantee the good life we have. School reunions, family reunions……decorating the graves as family, will all be played out this weekend. It is a time of honor for the dead and the coming together of the living.

For the family I belong to, scattered all around the country, I thank you for the blessings and the times shared, together.

Essentially Esther