<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I JUST FEEL LIKE..... 

………something good is about to happen. First I had allergies, then it ran into a full-scale infection in my bronchial tubes. I was almost over that when my feet slipped out from under me on the laminate floor getting out of bed and that was a fast trip down, hitting my head on the night stand. I got a goose egg on my head and a big black and blue left thigh. Lucky I didn’t break anything……maybe all that padding I carry around is a good thing.

Yesterday went well…….until 3:00am this morning. I woke in a fog and my throat was feeling funny. Kind of numb but sore. I also had a sore tongue on the same side (left) but figured it was the last effort of the bronchial saga and dozed on and off until 5:30am.

I got up and went to a mirror because my cheek felt funny. I was not prepared for what I saw. The left side of my face was swollen down to and including my throat. I took one look and knew I was on my way to the doctor. Becky is always up at 5:30 during the week so I walked up to her house. It was getting hard to breathe and swallow.

When she opened the door I scared her something terrible. She thought I was having a stoke and we even thought of Bell’s Palsy…..at any rate she dressed and we drove to the ER at West Plains. After the usual check-in we waited for the shift change and a doctor came in…….took all the vitals….everything checked fine. He concluded it was an allergic reaction to something. Then the questions…..new medication? different food? On and on……when he looked at my list of RX’s, he noticed Lisinopril and immediately said it has this effect on a lot of people after taking the medication a couple of years. I had been on it for five.

The only “new” thing I had eaten was a bowl of Special K with red berries for supper. Sounded good to me. I may not eat them again for a week or so in case it was the dehydrated strawberries or whatever preservatives they use. At any rate, I was given steroids and benedryl IV/s and shortly after we were released to go home.

I am taking benedryl tablets every four hours and the swelling has gone down some and it is no longer hard to breath or swallow.

OK……With all this going on I know the only way from here it UP!!! I can’t wait to see what the prize is because it’s bound to be a good one. If you think I look bad with a black thigh, a lump on my head, a swollen face………..

………you should see the other guy.

Essentially Esther