<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Monday, April 13, 2009

EASTER WEEKEND..... 



Rocky’s brother and wife arrived late Thursday afternoon after a drive down from near Chicago. We always have a good time when they come and they always leave too soon. Their lives are full with family, travel, and their hobbies; woodworking for Richard and cooking for Helen. They are both good at what they do.

Becky hosted an Easter Egg Hunt for her grandchildren and had friends (and me) over for dinner on Saturday. The day was perfect after being rainy when Richard and Helen were here. Sunday I was surprised by a call from Becky to come and have breakfast. Surprised because I was still sleeping when she called. By the time I woke up good enough to get to the phone I was greeted with the answering machine’s message.

Now when Becky fixes breakfast it’s worth getting up for. She had delicious sausage patties, American fries, biscuits and gravy with lots of good hot coffee. She had a lot of food left from the day before so our friends were invited back to her house for leftovers in the evening (and me too.)

Today is dreary out but it’s a good day to stay in and get some things done. I finished crocheting an afghan I was making and it’s now in the washer ready to finish in the dryer. I have a box full of afghans that are the result of my therapy. Knitting and crochet are something I do just for the shear pleasure of doing it. I call it my therapy because no matter the mood when I begin I always end with a sense of accomplishment. That’s important for me as I always like to have something to show for my time. Our time is our most valuable commodity.

The pictures are of Richard and Helen, Becky and me while they were here. Someone always has to be the photographer so it’s hard to get all of us in one picture. I hope your weekend was good and whatever you are doing today brings you joy.

Essentially Esther