<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

AZALEA TIME..... 



We are experiencing very windy weather. It has blown my front mat off the porch several times and knocked over a figure by the door. The cats are freaked out with the windows and doors rattling and the wind chimes outside my kitchen and bedroom have been in constant motion. I have a very special one that Rocky and I bought when we toured the Amana Colonies in Iowa with his brother and sister and their spouses once. I love the sound of chimes that continually sing out in song.

Napoleon has stayed under the deck most of the day. He doesn’t like wind because with his long tail now he becomes almost airborne. He comes out ever so often to graze around the yard and soak up some sun. He likes to lay snuggled down in some leaves or near some of the bushes that break the wind for him. He has been making quite a bit of noise today. I think it’s because the wind is making things noisy outside and he doesn’t like it. His new treat is English walnuts. I give him a handful each morning and before roosting time. Like any of us he likes variety in his diet.

I can’t help putting another picture of the pink dogwood tree as the blooms are fully out now and I can’t keep away from it. This year it has reached it’s peak of perfection. The azalea’s are almost full out…..the one by the house is a mass of the most beautiful color.

I hope you enjoy the pictures of them all, as I do. How are you celebrating Spring in your area of the world? I know a place I would love to see once more. John had all of us go through a special place where the owner had planted azaleas all over their grounds. The walk through was wonderful…..a pathway of wall to wall blooms, a walk around the lake area and then back to the beginning. It was a beautiful place and it was a perfect day. Some times things come together in such overpowering beauty, all of us were together…….it is one of my favorite memories.

Essentially Esther