<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

OVERHAULING MY DELL..... 


March is certainly no slouch when it comes to nasty weather. We had two balmy days of Spring and overnight buds are feeling pretty chilly today. I am going to be mad if our cold snap kills all of my blooms……..the bushes are loaded with all colors. March in Missouri is kind of “iffy.” One never knows what each day will bring.

I spent the day yesterday washing all the windows, curtains and blinds. Today I am resting my body but using my brain. A friend who is more computer savvy than me came to give me some lessons. I am going to embark on getting a lot of stuff out of the computer because it is stuffed with information that can be put on CD’s.

My goal is to get all of the addresses and folders out of Incredi-Mail and then get it out of the computer. I am convinced that it is slowing my computer down and every one who knows anything about computers says they do not use it for a lot of reasons. I am finally convinced. At first it was so much fun with all the “cutesy” stuff but I’m so over that.

The way I look at it, I have weeks of work ahead to fill up the 30 CD’s I bought. My brain is either going to grow or it will fall down in a heap. I’ve had quite a bit to take in today. My friend, Dode, is a very patient lady and I have a lot of homework to do. I love a challenge and this is a big one for me.

Obviously there is no news to report. Becky and I are fine……I work and play while she’s at work and she’s been painting her living room. It was a bummer. She had to take all the wallpaper off down to the paneling. Then plaster and paint. Several colors later she found the perfect one.

I am past all the painting and plastering (because I hired mine done.) Every room except the bathroom has been given a new look. I am not quite finished with the last details but close. This has been a long and arduous project.

Time to close up shop here. It’s almost “quittin’ time” and I don’t get paid for overtime. Being retired is hard work. Happy Wednesday everyone!

Essentially Esther