<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Monday, March 02, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN....2009 


Fifty-Two years ago John made his big debut…..born on this day about 9:15 pm. I had a hard time trying to photograph his one-year picture. I covered the other two children as I will show their baby pictures when their birthdays come around. (That explains another picture laying over part of the frame.) I had no luck with the light in the house so resorted to the deck and a chair. I am so happy I have a way of using pictures now that I never did before. Thank you Roger and Deanna!! John’s picture is a little wrinkled……I wonder who could have done that? Hummmmmmm……….

A few weeks after John was born his brother and sister came down with chicken-pox…..both at the same time. Two weeks later John showed up with a few little bumps mostly on the chest and diaper area. I’ve always heard babies are naturally immune to any disease for several months after birth. Why should I be surprised? John was always anxious to get on with the next thing in life.

His first year was spent in and out of doctor’s offices with a club foot and congenital cataracts. He grew and developed normal skills like any normal kid. It is well documented at his blog site and in my archives.

John, you taught me a lot. You also gave me a lot of gray hair….like with bicycles and motorcycles. You had a sense of adventure that took my wits to the limit, like at Mesa Verde. However I was determined not to fence you in and make your life less than it could be. You have made us all laugh…and laugh…and laugh.

You probably owe a debt to your brother, George, for getting into his “stuff” while he was at school and for having to room with his “kid” brother. But then he owes you for getting a spanking one time when it was his fault.

…….and maybe to your sister for calling her ‘jelly-belly’ and your belching at her so many times because it grossed her out. But don’t worry, when it’s their birthdays, I will be talking about things they need to apologize to you for.

You were the finishing touch to our family. George was special because he was the first child…….Becky was special because she was a girl….and you were special because you were the baby.

I’m a pretty lucky mother to have had the three kids that I did.

Happy birthday John.

Your Mom
Essentially Esther