<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

WINDING DOWN..... 

We have had a wild week here. The weather has been up and down the charts and I have had people here painting most of the week. Tomorrow will be the last of it. Then the real work begins when I cull out what I don’t want back in the rooms. I am weighted down with “stuff” I’ve saved hoping to use someday or give to someone who might use it. It’s girl stuff. Guys save old lawnmower parts, nuts, bolts, screws and all the things they can pick up and put in their pocket.

Rocky saved wood scraps and most of what he made for me came from his stash. He made a kitchen dish cupboard, shelves in our office, window seats for the cats and many things that were a help to me. I admired him for tackling anything he thought would make me happy…..and in truth it all made me happy.

I am still unable to transfer my Kodak pictures to the PC so I will try to find a solution at the Kodak section of Wal-Mart. Their clerks are as savvy as any in a specialty shop. Most are young kids and they have me fixed up before I finish telling them my problem. The generation of my grandkids have all the skills needed for any electronic gadget made. Amazing!

Valentine’s Day will soon be here and I remember making red hearts cut out of construction paper at school, then put on a string around the blackboard. The teacher covered a box with pretty paper and we could put Valentines for each other in the slot on top. It was exciting to have them passed out to read at our desks. I think that would be pretty tame stuff for the kids now-a-days but those times are nice to recall for me.

My computer was off for two days while they painted my office and I’ve had a lot of mail to answer. Hopefully I am up and running again and will soon be able to post the pictures I’ve taken to show you. Napoleon had a had night of strong winds, lightening and thunder. We had about 2” of rain. However, he looked OK when I saw him out and about. I guess he’s had to cope with a lot as any critters do that have to live their life outdoors.

I’ll be sleeping on the couch tonight as we piled the bed high with things in the way of painting. I’ll see if it sleeps as good as my bed. (I think it’s doubtful.)

Essentially Esther