<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Friday, February 20, 2009

MAGICAL BUTTERFLIES..... 


I spent an interesting day yesterday with a friend. She makes beautiful cards out of blooms collected around her yard from weeds to wildflowers. She puts them in old books, phone books etc; to dry and press. Once collected and dried she decorates paper notes and they are beautiful.

She had an area set up for both of us and watching her I followed along and finished two cards. It was fun and something different for me as I enjoy knitting and crocheting in my spare time. Now I will have another hobby and it will be interesting to see what I can collect from my yard. Even weeds have pretty blooms and are normally dainty in size.

She had some butterfly stickers to put on the pressed flowers and was telling me that she raises butterflies. She plants flowers around her yard that butterflies like and lay their eggs on. She brings the flowers in and puts them in a screened container in which the eggs grow into worms and then cocoons. After so long a time they hatch out the butterflies and she can hold them on her hand for up to an hour before she sets them free. She explained after leaving the cocoon it takes them a while to stretch their wings and completely grow strong enough to fly away.

She said when she has some ready to hatch out this year she will call me to come see how they emerge from the cocoon. I think it is a wonderful hobby because I have always loved butterflies with their beauty and grace.

She sent this picture to me and I want to share with all who pass by my site. It is absolutely a wonderful creation of God’s for all of us to enjoy.

Essentially Esther